Friday, September 2, 2016

Why can't it be fall yet?

September. It’s finally September! Time for apple picking, drinking hot chocolate, wearing sweaters and boots—oh, wait. It’s still 80 degrees outside.

I’m sure I’m not the only one disappointed that it isn’t 50 degrees outside yet. I just want to wear my leather jacket and boots! This week’s post is dedicated to that lovely season of leaves changing and the transition from getting iced drinks to getting hot drinks from Starbucks.

Since it isn’t fall yet, I’ve decided to make a list of things I absolutely love about my second favorite season.

1) Apple Picking
Image Source
Really just everything about apples. My roommate and I just talked about how much we love foods with apples in them: candy apples, apple pie, apple crumble, apple turnovers. And picking the apples is the beginning of it all! There’s nothing like riding in the back of the truck, driving through rows and rows of apple trees, stopping to pick as many as will fit in the little plastic bag. Apple picking is the true sign that it’s fall.

                                                                   2) Wearing Boots
Image Source
I have a bad addiction to buying boots. Every time I buy a new pair, I have to buy another pair that’s nearly identical but in a different color. And wearing boots just…feels right. Sure, I love my Converse and my gladiator sandals, but there’s something about wearing black knee-high boots. Maybe it’s because I feel like a spy?

3) Sweater Weather
Image Source
Now, I love summer clothes. I love the crop tops and the flowy tank tops, but…I live for wearing my leather jacket. In the summer, I always bring it home, hoping that it will be cold enough to wear it—it never is. It’s like an old friend; it makes me so sad to see it hanging in the closet, just waiting to be reunited with me. I can’t wait to put it on for the first time of the season (Can you tell I love my leather jacket?). Not to mention sweaters. Sweaters, boots, leggings, and my leather jacket and I’m set. I could wear fall clothes for the rest of my life and be happy.

                                                       4) The Changing Leaves
Image Source
Spring is my favorite season, but fall is my favorite season on campus. I love when the leaves change colors; I get to walk to class under a blanket of gorgeous crimsons, scarlets, and golds. Fall at Indiana University is absolutely beautiful. Whenever my roommate and I catch the first glimpse of a single leaf changing colors, we just look at each other in excitement. Plus, the sound of leaves crunching underfoot is one of my favorite sounds.

5) 50 Degree Days
Image Source
This kind of goes with my affinity for my leather jacket. I just want it to stop being hot so I can wear jeans again! I’m beyond tired of this humidity; there’s no humidity in fall! I can finally wear my hair down without fear of it growing ten times bigger over the course of the day.


                                      6) Comfort Foods
Sure, you can make pot roast or meatloaf at any time of the year, but there’s just something so amazing about sitting at the dinner table, eating warm pot roast after smelling it all day, while watching the leaves fall outside. My roommate and I have already discussed when we plan to make our first pot roast. Now, we just have to wait for it to get cold enough!


Well, that concludes my list! I'm suddenly wanting to turn up our A/C in our apartment just to make it feel like fall inside...

Anyway, thank you for reading! Writing this blog has been a lot of fun so far, and I want to thank everyone who has been reading up to this point! Once I finish writing my book (I'm actually pretty close to the end!), I'll start posting little excerpts, character profiles, and other things about my book; I know that I haven't really said what my book is about yet, but I'm planning to once I finish. All in due time! Until then, you get to read more of my random ramblings.

Thanks again for reading, and be sure to subscribe!


Until next time!


-Emiliana Maye 

No comments:

Post a Comment