Thursday, September 22, 2016

Books = The Best Weapons in the World


Yet another nerdy post from Emiliana! But this one, I'd like to think, makes sense, since I'm an aspiring author. If you were looking for a new book to read, look no further! I've compiled a list of my very favorite books for this week's post! Let's take a look:

1) Dante’s Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri
As I’ve said before, I took a class last semester over Dante’s Divine Comedy and fell in love. Dante’s version of Hell was the first of its kind; no one had written about Hell so in depth before. He transformed the world with his masterpiece. I especially love how he put people from his time into Hell while they were still living. Imagine reading that an author put you in the Eighth Circle of Hell for simony! Oh, Dante.

2) The Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald
I read this when I was a sophomore in high school, and I’m still in love with it. The ending is so beautifully tragic--so much drama!

3) The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling
I feel like this is pretty obvious. So…if you haven’t read these, do it now. That is all. 

4) A Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
I’ve read this book so many times, and it still makes me laugh out loud. The Improbability Drive is my favorite thing ever (though it may be tied with Deep Thought...42).

5) The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
My brother’s favorite book! He got me to read it over the summer, and wow. It’s the best revenge story I’ve ever read, for sure. Romance, mystery, revenge, what more could you want?

6) The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

I put this one last because this book is currently my favorite book of all time ever. EVER. It’s safe to say that Paula Hawkins is my new author role model. I bought this book on a Friday night around 7 pm, intending to read a little bit before getting ready for bed. Yeah, that didn’t go as planned. I read the entire thing in one sitting. THAT’S HOW GOOD IT IS. Everyone please please please read this!!!! You won’t regret it, I promise (Plus the movie adaptation comes out on October 7th, and it’s going to be amazing)!!!
                                                                                                                 

That concludes my list! I would apologize for my aggression when talking about The Girl on the Train, but I'm actually not sorry at all. I can't tell you how much I loved that novel. It's my new goal in life to get as many people as I can to read it.

I know I've said this nearly every week, but I am still so close to the end of writing my book! It's a very bittersweet feeling...actually, no. There's nothing sweet about it; I'm going to be devastated when it's done! I know that I'll still have a lot of work to do afterwards, like editing, editing, editing...more editing. But it still makes me sad.

Anyway, thank you so much for reading this week's post! Let me know in the comments what you think of these books or if you plan on reading one of them!

Until next time!
-Emiliana Maye 

No comments:

Post a Comment