Friday, August 5, 2016

6 Easy DIYs for a Bedroom Makeover!

Hello, everyone! I’ve decided my room is way overdo for a makeover, so this post is dedicated to DIY room decor! I, a poor college student, have a very tiny stream of income, so DIYs save my wallet a lot of money. Of course, I’ve found some of these tutorials on Pinterest and other blogs, so I do not claim ownership! Just click on the photos to open the tutorials. Here we go!

Himmeli Geometric Sculptures
So, the first DIY I found are these Himmeli sculptures on Ash and Crafts. I absolutely love how mine turned out. All you need is floral wire, tiny straws, and spray paint. Here is my finished product:

I made three: a diamond, as the tutorial shows, a pyramid, and a...quadrilateral-type shape. I originally saw these on the Urban Outfitters website, but theirs were for the wall. You can see their version here. I'm sure you could easily manipulate this tutorial to make sculptures for the wall!

I think I’m going to be going for a geometric, minimalist type theme for my room, so these sculptures will fit in perfectly.


Modern Mosaic Painting
I found this mosaic painting while browsing Pinterest! I love how each painting can turn out completely different every time, but they always look clean and minimalistic.


All you need is tape, paint, and a canvas! On the tutorial, it mentions using glitter, which I didn’t choose to do, but I love how it turned out!

Crepe Paper Succulent
I haven’t actually made this DIY yet, because I’ve yet to find a planter I like. But I have all the other materials waiting for me in my drawer. I am so excited to make these paper succulents—I won’t have to water them or try to make sure they don’t die (I’m not the best with plants)! 

Photo from Ash and Crafts website

I love how the crepe succulents work with the Himmeli sculptures, too; I’m going to try to find a geometric planter for mine so it all ties in nicely!

Sunshine Earring Box
I’m proud to say that this sunshine box was of my own creation! All I did was buy a wooden box from Jo-Ann Fabrics and paint it! I was tired of hanging my earrings up, so I painted this box to keep my earrings in. You can paint this box to match any theme.



Mirror with Necklace Hooks
This was actually my mom’s idea! We bought a cheap mirror from the dollar store and, after she covered it with fabric, drilled hooks into the sides. Now it acts as a necklace/bracelet display, and you don’t even have to walk far to see which necklace looks best with your outfit!
Thank you, Mom!
Painted Letters
This was also my mom’s idea—it’s a good piece of personalization for your room, and it lets all your friends know what your name is if they’ve forgotten it by the time they get to your room. Obviously. But it’s super simple to do. 

Just buy wooden letters--we got ours from Jo-Ann Fabrics--and paint them whatever color you want! Easy.


And that’s all! I’d love to see how your DIYs turn out, so feel free to comment below or message me via my Facebook page, ‘Emiliana Maye’! Happy crafting!

Until next time!
-Emiliana Maye

No comments:

Post a Comment